Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Savior Jean b & lu

Finding trendy plus size clothing isn't difficult-you can see that WalMart has even jumped into offering cargo capris and a little black dress. Finding interesting, fun and well crafted clothing in plus sizes is a little bit more difficult. While I love Lane Bryant, Torrid and Avenue, I gravitate towards smaller designers that have boutiques I can shop online. b & lu is one such designer that I fell in love with recently. I received my first order from them recently-the savior jean which was originally priced at $39 but is currently on sale for $19 plus shipping. I know my measurements and ordered a size 20, which according to the size chart should fit nearly perfectly. I'm not hung up on sizes, each designer cuts differently and even within a stack of jeans one size 18 may be as large as an inch or more off from another.

Shipping was reasonable, but it took nearly a week with priority mail to get my package. It was wrapped in tissue and mailed in a standard USPS priority envelope. The actual jeans, well-they didn't fit well. Being lower rise than I expected, they were a smidge tight to button, since my waist is significantly smaller than my abdomen (thanks to 4 pregnancies), and the boot cut was much closer to a flare. The 32 inch inseam makes heels necessary with these. b and lu does have a liberal 30 day return policy, minus shipping charges, but I am notoriously lazy about packing up and heading to the post office, so for now they're folded and back in the bag until I decide whether to try them on another day or just donate them.

No comments: