Friday, April 11, 2008

It's Prom Season!

Prom season is here-my daughter is in full blown hysteria and her prom isn't for another 5 weeks. She's a size 2 and I'm not worried one bit about her finding a gorgeous and flattering dress for her big night-you can walk into any store and find something right off the rack. For someone larger than a size 14, it's a little tougher. I found some beautiful gowns to give you an idea of what's available and possibly spark some ideas for your own outfit.



This dress is from Sydneys Closet which is a great place to find gorgeous plus size formal and cruise wear. Right now this dress is on sale for $229.




This is a custom dress by Monif C a designer who has some seriously cute and unique clothes for plus sizes. It's pricey at $478, which is one issue I have with some plus size designers-but Monif C is almost always priced competitively for well made and stylish custom clothing, so it's not an unrealistic price. And my daughter's size 2 dress? That's going to set me back around $350, so $478 isn't out of the ball park.



I've included this dress because it's an EXACT copy of one my daughter fell in love with at Cache (which doesn't carry anything larger than a 12)-so you CAN wear the same styles and be just as fashionable as the teeny tiny girls at school! It's being sold at Sydney's Closet, beginning in a size 14 and going up.

No comments: